Is My Leather Healthy? Leather Rejuvenation
Over time, body oils, skin care products and other contamination (clothing dye, dirt, dust, etc) accumulate on leather surfaces. It is important to frequently remove these contaminants in order to prevent premature leather wear. Shiny leather is unhealthy leather!
Equally important to regular maintenance are the products and tools used to clean leather surfaces. At Critical Details we use PH balanced leather cleaners combined with the power of steam to safely deep clean leather surfaces. After cleaning we apply a premium leather protectant, which unlike traditional leather conditioners does not promote resoiling. A majority of today’s automotive leather is clear coated much like a vehicle’s paint and prevents conditioners from absorbing into the leather. Instead leather conditioners sit on top of the coating acting as a dust magnet.
Over time UV damage can dry out interior surfaces causing discoloration and cracking. Interior protectants not only provide protection from the sun but they also provide protection against body oils and skin care lotions helping to prevent interior staining.
- A quick interior detail is performed.
- Carpet and upholstery will be thoroughly cleaned using a hot water extractor.
- Interior trim is thoroughly steam cleaned.
- Interior trim is treated using a UV protectant.
- Leather will be gently cleaned using PH balanced leather cleaner, followed by leather protectant.