Exterior Decontamination Detail Burlington | Critical Details
Exterior Decontamination Detail
Starting at $150
Time required – 5+ hours
- A swirl free hand wash is performed.
- Plastic, rubber and vinyl trim are cleaned and conditioned.
- Metal trim and stainless steel exhausts tips will be polished and protected.
- Paint and glass are clayed, removing embedded contaminants. (Wheels can also be clayed upon request)
- Paint is chemically cleansed using an abrasive free paint cleaner.
- A layer of carnauba wax or paint sealant is applied to exterior paint.
- Wheels are protected using a polymer wheel sealant.
The car’s paint is first mechanically cleansed using a detailing clay bar or a decontamination towel. Both of these car detailing products are designed to safely remove embedded contamination from exterior surfaces. Once the bonded surface contamination has been removed from the paint, it’s now safe to begin the chemical decontamination process.
An abrasive free paint cleaner is paired with a light cut polishing pad to remove below surface contamination. The mild abrasiveness of the white Lake Country buffing pad removes a tiny microscopic layer of clear coat when paired with the Rupes Bigfoot 15 DA polisher. This outermost layer of clear coat it often contaminated with any number of environmental and industrial contaminants (brake dust, bird droppings, bugs, tree sap, water spots, etc).
Only after your car’s paint has a smooth as glass finish can the final layer of carnauba wax or paint sealant properly adhere. This leads to increased product longevity and helps you spend more time enjoying your car. Waxes or sealants that are applied to contaminated paint will not properly bond or yield the same level of shine as paintwork that has been properly prepared.